Sunday, May 27, 2007

bratfest

Yesterday we went to Bratfest, billed as the World's Largest Brat Festival. The brats in this case are bratwurst, not small annoying children. I feel safe in saying this is definitely an "Only in Wisconsin" moment - this giant truck has been turned into a large barbecue grilling sausages for the masses all day long. The record for most brats consumed was set in 2004 with a grand total of 189,432 brats consumed over 4 days! (To be fair, this is all for charity, not total gluttony...)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mouth began to water when I read your post. We had Johnsonville brats yesterday and they were delicious. So I really enjoyed my visit to your blog today.

I have some good news:

The three baby robins are on their way to Meet the World. I miss them already. It was quite an emotional experience.
Brookville Daily Photo

Kate said...

Oh, I miss good 'ole Wisconsin brats, esp. those made in Sheboygan. Had brats yesterday, but not the same!

Kala said...

I had friend from Wisconsin but i forgot which city and she told me about this thingy fest - interesting and sounds deliciously apetizing