Sunday, May 27, 2007

bratfest

Yesterday we went to Bratfest, billed as the World's Largest Brat Festival. The brats in this case are bratwurst, not small annoying children. I feel safe in saying this is definitely an "Only in Wisconsin" moment - this giant truck has been turned into a large barbecue grilling sausages for the masses all day long. The record for most brats consumed was set in 2004 with a grand total of 189,432 brats consumed over 4 days! (To be fair, this is all for charity, not total gluttony...)

4 comments:

Martel said...

On my Blog, I show to you the “Right Street”, one of the principal streets of Martel. Cavity it is very except right-hand side, it turns in all the directions. Also have in your city, of the streets with a name in contradiction with the street? (Street example of the restaurants without any restaurants).
Good Day
My blog photographs on the town of Martel

Abraham Lincoln said...

My mouth began to water when I read your post. We had Johnsonville brats yesterday and they were delicious. So I really enjoyed my visit to your blog today.

I have some good news:

The three baby robins are on their way to Meet the World. I miss them already. It was quite an emotional experience.
Brookville Daily Photo

Kate said...

Oh, I miss good 'ole Wisconsin brats, esp. those made in Sheboygan. Had brats yesterday, but not the same!

Kala said...

I had friend from Wisconsin but i forgot which city and she told me about this thingy fest - interesting and sounds deliciously apetizing