Monday, April 30, 2007

liquid playground


A six hour drive had left me, my husband & our two small children getting crankier by the hour - I was eager for an excuse to stretch my legs & have a little down time when we finally got home. City Daily Photo gave me that opportunity on a silver platter - driving along the lake I saw about a dozen kites flying high above the tree tops. The clouds, the light & the wind were perfect; I couldn't think of anywhere else I would rather be at that point. So - what is this sport called? Kite boarding? Anyone know?

5 comments:

Dsole said...

I don't know the name but wooow... your photo is amazing!

Kate said...

Don't know the name either, but if you like kites and haven't read it yet read _The Kite Runner_. Not a bad novel.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris. My reply email to you was returned, so I repeat it here...

Done! Hope you get a few more clicks. I have found Stumble upon to be great if I want to surf the net but don't know where to start... it brings up all sorts of interesting stuff. So you may want to download the toolbar yourself.
My unique visitors went from 120 to 380 on the day I was submitted.

John.

http://www.melbourneinphotos.com
John@melbourneinphotos.com

Kala said...

In Hawai'i, its called Kite Surfing - you can see my post on this:
http://honoluludailyphoto.blogspot.com/2006/08/blue-kite-surfer.html

Surprising to see it there.

Its always a test of patience on road trips. I always say, if you can go on a long road trip with someone and not kill each other, it is true love =)

Anonymous said...

A pleasant surprise. I think your are taking some very nice photographs.

My Theme Day is of a city unto itself, with its own zip code, and a portrait of the "Peashooter" at the National Museum of the United States Air Force. Hope you like flying.